Menu for navigation is required.

08-03-2022 02:18 AM
baohuachu2
New Contributor II

The menu components may contains  grouped folded sub menu items which long menu bar can be avoided.  Furthermore it is easy to locate the menu we want.

The screenshot1  below is use action bar for navigation,it is too long and not folded.

The second one is with sub menues.

calcitebar.jpg

menues.jpg

4 Comments
KittyHurley

Hi @baohuachu2, thanks for submitting an idea!

We're in the process of creating a standalone Navigation component similar to your first screenshot, that could be used independent of other components and with top navigation in mind. The component's intent would be similar to other design systems such as the Bootstrap's Navbar. Is that along the lines of what you're seeking?

We don't currently have plans for navigation options within the Action Bar component, but wanted to clarify the ask of the idea to be sure.

BenElan

For the second screenshot, it is possible just not fully supported at the moment. Here is a codepen:

https://codepen.io/benesri/pen/GRxxNPb

baohuachu2

Hi @KittyHurley @BenElan ,

It is as  this Nav Bar .  The "BootStrap Navbar" website seems has problem in my side. Today I checked the arcgis online map viewer's code find  the

<calcite-action-menu> component which is not included in the document.  It is similar to that of Nav bar and I will use it. That it is the same as BenElan's codepen example.

KittyHurley
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Thanks for the background, @baohuachu2!

The component sample you provided has a similar approach to the standalone Navigation component under development. So will be changing the status of this idea to "In Product Plan".