Aviation - AIXM tool box is not available

Jump to solution
05-20-2021 12:06 AM
ahmed_hussiney
New Contributor III

Hi,

I want to use the export AIXM tool that should exist under aviation data management tool box, I had installed and enabled the aviation- airport extension, however I couldn't find the AIXM tools,

I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1

ahmed_hussiney_0-1621494214633.png

I see in the AIXM tool's documentation that I can only select the 10.3 version which could mean that tools is exist only on 10.3.

So could anyone confirm this, It is weird if ESRI had reoved these tools after 10.3 specially that it is not yet fully supported by ArcGIS Pro (only import AIXM and there is no export yet).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you go through "What's new in ArcGIS for Aviation" for each version to see what  changes and when they were made?

What's new in ArcGIS for Aviation—ArcMap | Documentation

There is some reference in version 10.4.  You might want to check by version on this page

The Import AIXM 4.5 To AIS, Import AIXM 5.1 To AIS, and Export AIS to AIXM 4.5 geoprocessing tools will be deprecated at a subsequent release and are now replaced with the following ArcPyProduction functions: ImportAIXM45, ImportAixm51, and ExportAixm51.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you go through "What's new in ArcGIS for Aviation" for each version to see what  changes and when they were made?

What's new in ArcGIS for Aviation—ArcMap | Documentation

There is some reference in version 10.4.  You might want to check by version on this page

The Import AIXM 4.5 To AIS, Import AIXM 5.1 To AIS, and Export AIS to AIXM 4.5 geoprocessing tools will be deprecated at a subsequent release and are now replaced with the following ArcPyProduction functions: ImportAIXM45, ImportAixm51, and ExportAixm51.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ahmed_hussiney
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan,

I didn't know that after 10.3 AIXM geo processing tools are deperacted and the only supported way is through python, I will try this soon, Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Ahmed,

There is an Aviation AIXM Python Tools.tbx that includes Import AIXM 5.1,  Export AIXM 5.1and Import AIXM 4.5 script tools.  

This is found under C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\AviationCharting\Desktop10.x\Utilities\AIXM

You can add this to your ArcToolbox window or add a Folder connection to this in the Catalog window to make these available in ArcMap.  

There are also other folders under Utilities like UpdateGeodatabaseSchema which contains a tool to help update your AIS geodatabase to the latest schema.

Marcus-XavierBoivin
New Contributor II

Hello, I have almost the same issue. I want to create an AIS GeoDATABASE so i have to add the Aviation Data Management Tool . 

But when i use "Create Aviation Geodatabase" an error message "Tool has failed to open".

Please do u have any solution for that.

NB: I have only Aviation charting licence and my goal is to create and assess the obstacles for ANNEXE 4 ICAO.

MarcusXavierBoivin_0-1667305945619.png

MarcusXavierBoivin_1-1667305953134.png

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Marcus, 

That toolbox in your screenshot is for ArcMap.   For Pro,  you would install the Aviation Charting Product Files.   There is a Python toolbox with a 'Configure AIS Geodatabase' tool which you should use in Pro.

The help topic for it: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/aviation/set-up-an-aviation-geodatabase.htm

DavidWickliffe_0-1667394961217.png

To download the Pro Charting Product files see, https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/aviation/download-and-install-product-files...

David

0 Kudos