Trouble Publishing a Feature Layer Containing Attribute Rules and Enterprise Database Sequence

01-11-2021 12:34 PM
GretaParis
New Contributor II

Hello! I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2 and a single server enterprise database to preface this. I have created incremental attribute tables for the features in my project using a combination of database sequences (using the create database sequence geoprocessing tool) and attribute rules (calculation rules). The issue that I am experiencing is occurring when I attempt to publish as a feature layer to our ArcGIS Portal. The errors that I have received are: 001487 & 001369 that state that the service could not be created. I have tried to troubleshoot this issue in a few ways, but have not been successful. The data has Global IDs, it is registered as versioned, and I am publishing with "reference registered data" selected. If anyone has experienced this issue and has any insight on how to solve it, it would be much appreciated. 

Note: I am successful in publishing once removing the sequences and attribute rules.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Greta,

From your description, it seems like there are errors publishing a service to your Portal when the data has attribute rules using the NextSequenceValue arcade function. Is that right?

What is the version of your ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal/Server)? 

Have you tried creating a very simple calculation rule on the data and publishing that? For example, could you add a calculation rule that sets a field to a static value and publish that successfully? 

Thanks,

Supriya

GretaParis
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Thank you for your response! I am using version 10.6 of Enterprise. Yes, I am using the NextSequenceValue arcade function along with a database sequence to create incrementing attributes!

Yes, I tried to create a simple calculation rule without deleting the database sequence, and was not able to publish. I tried it again after deleting the database sequence and that did not publish either. 

Thanks, 

Greta

0 Kudos
GretaParis
New Contributor II

This issue has been resolved, the issue is due to my Enterprise version!!

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GretaParis ,

For future references, it is important to check at what version a functionality was released. If you look at the NextSequenceValue: https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/function-reference/data_functions/#nextsequencevalue you will see that it was released in version 1.4 of Arcade. In the version matrix: https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/guide/version-matrix/ you can see that it became available in the next version of Enterprise (10.7 with Arcade version 1.5).

It often happens that ArcGIS Pro is updated earlier and easier than ArcGIS Enterprise and that both components are no longer "in sync". This does not have to be a problem but it takes some more time to validate that things configured in Pro will work with once published in Enterprise.