What's New 2.7 Attribute Rules (Arcade Code)

11-30-2020 01:05 PM

What's New 2.7 Attribute Rules (Arcade Code)

Source code for What's New in Attribute Rules in 2.7

Attachments
Comments

@HusseinNasser2 ; it's great to see new functionality for attribute rules however I have a question regarding basic functionality for them.

I use the Address Data Management Solution and have written additional rules that extract data a from underlying feature layers when I add a site address point.  For example, I have a cities layer, a parcels layer, and a zipcode layer and all of them must be in the same data store as my address data.  (Let's not forget that the centerlines need to be there too.)

In my area, city boundaries are maintained by the County Surveyors Office and parcels are maintained by the County Recorders Office; both of these agencies provide current data in the form of published Feature Services.  But with the common data store requirement, I have to copy data from those services to my data store periodically to ensure I have up to date information.

Are there any plans to improve attribute rules such that various data layers in the form of services can be utilized?  We are testing a cloud deployment of the solution, and it just seems odd to me that services are not available for rules to function when they are so prevalent today as spatial data sources.

Hey @JoeBorgione , many customers requested this feature. Today you can only access datasets with attribute rules that belong to the same workspace.

If you are using Oracle create a database link to the second database, then create a view in the first database that reads from the table in the second database. Finally register the view with the geodatabase and create the attribute rule to read the view. That workflow should satisfy this use case.

I'm not sure if postgres/sqlserver supports database links I think they do.

...many customers requested this feature...  

^ This request seems more than reasonable to me.

Database links are available in Postgres as well as SqlServer

Version history
Last update:
‎11-30-2020 01:05 PM
Updated by: