Recording GPS position quality data in field?

03-26-2013 08:31 AM
EricJohnson
New Contributor III
This is probably a silly question, but how would I set things up to record estimated accuracy, or PDOP or other data regarding the quality of my position collection when collecting features? I use Arcpad 10 with Trimble Positions. In the past, we used GPS Correct, and I had it set up to log best and worst estimated accuracy, but sadly enough I don't remember how I did that. I find the information useful for a couple of reasons, one it lets me easily go through attribute tables to see which features have been located by GPS vs just drawn in from old mapbooks, and also which of those may need to be gone back to and re-GPS'd. For a number of the features, such as valves and hydrants we use forms we created in Studio.

Eric
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GeospatialTechnology
Occasional Contributor
Place this applet in the applets folder. It will automatically update information if you name the field as outlined in the summary. You can record PDOP, number of sats, etc

http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=16785
0 Kudos
EricJohnson
New Contributor III
Well it's not how I did it before, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. Does this script go into the Trimble unit? Or is it installed on the desktop? I have not played with scripting much at all.

Eric
0 Kudos
GeospatialTechnology
Occasional Contributor
All you have to do is place it in the ArcPad applets folder in your trimble.

Go to 'File Explorer' > My Device > Program Files > ArcPad > Applets.

If you match your field names exactly to the same ones in the summary they will update accordingly.
0 Kudos