Just upgraded to ArcGIS 10, Now I can no longer work with .axf files.

04-13-2011 06:51 AM
LastingerBrooks
New Contributor III
So I upgraded to ArcInfo 10 SP1, and I downloaded the ArcPad Data Manager, and it will no longer create .axf files. (It'll create a file and download all my shapefiles, but no more .axfs!)

ArcPad Studio will also no longer open .axf files.

Anyone had this happen to them?

-Brooks
Johnson City Stormwater
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JasonBrown
New Contributor III
Brooks, I am having the exact same issue.  Unfortunately, I haven't arrived at a solution either.
0 Kudos
PatrickYoung
New Contributor II
I am also having this same issue with GPS Analyst 2.40 running on ArcGIS 10.0.

-Patrick
0 Kudos
KyleDexter
New Contributor
I am having the same problem.  I can not check out any geodatabase feature.  I can check shapefiles, but can't check them back in.  If anyone has found a way around this or a fix, please post.
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Esri Support hasn't been able to reproduce the reported behavior when testing with Riverside sample dataset. We would like to investigate reports of ArcPad Data Manager not creating AXFs during checkout. If you are current on maintenance, please contact Support Services to log the interaction. Please be sure to include ArcPad and ArcGIS license level, version and SPs installed. In addition, copy of original MXD and small sample of data will help us in troubleshooting these reports.

Thank you,
Denise
0 Kudos
DavidBrooks3
New Contributor
I understand this is an old thread but ran into the problem spontaneously with one of my laptops this week.  Out of the blue the user was no longer able to "Get Data for ArcPad."  I uninstalled and re-installed ArcPad 10 and the issue was resolved.
0 Kudos
KarlWilson
Occasional Contributor III
I'm also seeing the "Get Data For ArcPad" tool failing to write .apm and .afx files.

It worked before, so I'm unsure what's going on...

The last change I can remember making was upgrading to ArcMap 10 SP3.
0 Kudos
KarlWilson
Occasional Contributor III
I've now upgraded ArcPad to version 10.03 and it works again.
0 Kudos
GregGrabner
New Contributor
Has anyone found a reason why this happens?  We just had it occur for two different projects.

Cheers,
Greg
0 Kudos