eye-fi memory cards and ArcPad

05-12-2010 06:06 AM
Almarde_Ronde
New Contributor
Does anyone have experience in combining an eye-fi memory card with ArcPad? The card would allow a Wifi connection between a camera and your handheld. I saw a live demo of this on a Trimble Nomad with Trimble software (http://www.trimble.com/trimpix_pro.shtml), I was wondering if it would work in combination with ArcPad.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZoltanKovacs1
New Contributor
Hi,

As far as I know, TrimPix Pro comes with the Eye-Fi Manager software, which seems to be a standard part of the Eye-Fi bundle anyway. I think it just transfers the pictures to the device and you can browse for it - maybe I'm wrong. So I think it could be work, but I don't have any experience with it yet. Let me know if it works 😉

Update: it has the specific TrimPix sw too to set up/associate your card, paths and wireless settings...

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
keithhartley
New Contributor
Anyone get this to work? I'm testing different things prior to an attribute capture job. I tried the new geoXH 6000's camera but don't like the quality, so I'm thinking if I could get the eye-fi software or trimpix (says it works with arcpad in the documentation, but nothing much else) to work.
0 Kudos
D3EGPS
by
New Contributor III
Hi keith,

The eye fi card is sold with a configuration software called "trimpix pro software". This software had been recently updated to fit with the new OS version of the geo6000.
Just purchase from ot trimble reseller the card and you will have the configuration software.
It works fine and without a specific software, terrasync, arcpad whatever. It is a hardware config not a software ones.
Just plug the card and the device to a laptop and use the software to set an adhoc wifi configuration between both devices. The soft will probably ask you to register and install trimpix pro on the handheld.
Reboot the handheld and put the card in the slot of the camera.
For the first time, launch the trimpix pro software to check the connection and take a picture with the camera. You will see the photo being trsnfered to the handheld.
In arcpad, if you have a feature classe with a text field, simply go to the attributes forms. Click on the image tab and on the open icon and select the picture.

If it does not work, maybe your camera is not certified with this card (see eye fi website for more info). Or you do not have the last release of configuration software for os 6.5.

It works great for me since the firt release of this soft and card.

Hope that helps
0 Kudos
keithhartley
New Contributor
Awesome, for the purposes of our field survey the Trimble GeoXH 6000 isn't quite enough camera. So I'm looking into other options. Glad to hear it works with arcpad, we had a pretty archaic method using media mapper before so I'm hoping this will ease some work load and limit the times we have to return to the field.
0 Kudos
EthanGomberg
New Contributor III
Will eye-fi cards and trimpix work with an older GeoXH 2008?
0 Kudos
GrahamW
Occasional Contributor II
Will eye-fi cards and trimpix work with an older GeoXH 2008?

Should do... the eyefi card is just an SD-HC card

But not on the 2005 Geo's... as they only take normal SD cards...
0 Kudos