Customising ArcPad edit forms

Jump to solution
05-09-2012 05:22 AM
DavidHume
New Contributor II
Hi,

I've created the attached custom edit form but I want to set it so that when the user clicks on a radio button it prevents them from being able to enter information (or prevents them from accessing) the subsequent pages.

The radio button is "Radio1" which is the second one down in the series of three with the text "Same as previous species list" in front of it. When the user selects that it should disable access/ability to update the entries on page 2 onwards. I'm trying to do this as no matter how much I tell the surveyors, and include text on the entry form, they still select that radio button then continue to enter species info on the subsequent pages, which is highly frustrating.

I'm not a programmer so don't even have a starting point on this one but your help would be very welcome! I have had some advice that I need to put code in the update click of that radio button that then individually disables each combolist, but as there are hundreds of them I though there must be a better way??

Thanks,

Dave.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
I made some changes to your .apl file and have attached the changed file.

I have modified your radiobutton tags (1, 2 and 3) and added a script tag at the end of the file. I am also enclosing a script file that must reside in the same directory as your .apl file.

Clicking radiobutton 2 will disable all controls on page 2 and 3 while clicking either of the two other radiobuttons will enable them

Rolf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
I made some changes to your .apl file and have attached the changed file.

I have modified your radiobutton tags (1, 2 and 3) and added a script tag at the end of the file. I am also enclosing a script file that must reside in the same directory as your .apl file.

Clicking radiobutton 2 will disable all controls on page 2 and 3 while clicking either of the two other radiobuttons will enable them

Rolf
0 Kudos
DavidHume
New Contributor II
Rolf,

Thanks for that, exactly what I needed.

Cheers,

Dave.
0 Kudos