Creating forms from Multiple Geodatabase tables in ArcPad 10

08-19-2010 01:45 AM
SivaKanesh
New Contributor
I'm trying to generate a number of form  in ArcPad 10 using a Geodatabase. This database has a number of related tables created within ArcCatalog. A form is automatically created for me using the primary (points) table in ArcPad Studio, but the related tables are only shown in the Attribute tab.  I want to be able to create forms for these related tables as well (with look up/dropdown etc.), but related to the points table.

I find very little help general on ArcPad and the help files don't really help.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricHajek1
Occasional Contributor
If you open your AXF file in Studio, double click the Feature Layer whose related table you want to edit (it opens a new window with that Feature Layer's forms and scirpts, etc), then double click the <FORMS> icon (opens a window with your Feature Layer's forms in it, EDITFORM, IDENTIFYFORM, etc), then click on the EDITFORM, the button for "Related Tables..." will become available. From there you can edit the related table's forms how you like.
I'm honestly not sure how this behaves in ArcPad (how the related table's forms are fired with respect to the edit form), I only recently noticed it, but hopefully it helps you get started.

Good luck!
0 Kudos