ArcPad v10 doesn't detect installed Mobile Device Center?

04-11-2013 02:06 PM
RonLeonard
New Contributor
I was trying to install ArcPad v10.0.4 onto a Windows 7/64 system and subsequently onto a Trimble Juno 3B. The system had Windows Mobile Device Center v6.1 (64-bit) [WMDC] installed and operational. WMDC detected the Juno and created a pairing. However, when trying to install AP, the installer did not detect WMDC was installed and produced its warning message. And therefore the AP Deployment Manager would not detect the mobile device.

Tried removing/re-installing ArcPad. Tried removing/re-installing WMDC. I couldn't and still can't get ArcPad to recognize that WMDC is installed and connected to a Juno.

Eventually, copied the mobile CAB files to the Juno and executed the installation from there as suggested in another thread...

[INDENT]If you are having connectivity issues, you always have the option to copy the ArcPad Application.ARM.CAB file (found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\ArcPad10.0\CABs Folder) onto your device using an SD Card.

Then, on your Windows Mobile Device, simply select the .CAB file in File Explorer to install ArcPad.

You could also try an uninstall/reinstall of Windows Mobile Device Centre/ActiveSync or a hard reset of your device to fix your connectivity issues...[/INDENT]

Note: I change the installation pathway to C:\ESRI\.... so my specific location of the CAB files differs from the inspirational posting.

Any thoughts about how to repair the AP detection of WMDC?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies