Arcpad Studio 10 changes not showing in Arcpad10

03-31-2013 04:11 AM
MelanieWawryk
Occasional Contributor III
I am using a windows 7 laptop with both arcpad studio and arcpad 10. I have made some form changes in arcpad studio and when I open the form in arcpad the form is an old version. I am using the axf format and used the existing apm and have started a new apm file and added in the axf with the updated timestamp in to arcpad and the old form shows up. If I open the apl from explorer using studio the new form is there. I have compiled, tried it, then moved the compiled file (not sure why it can't be the same location) I have done a few applications in arcpad 6 and 7 with related tables so thought I would try the new format tosave on coding but it is driving me crazy.

It feels like I am doing something out of order in my workflow or missing some information of how to make changes stick. The fies get new save dates but they are not connecting in arcpad. or maybe it doesn't like where the files are saved C:\Users\Public\Documents\TreeInventory in windows 7. Any ideas on how to get the changes to show up.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelParry
New Contributor II
If you are using the 'Get Data For ArcPad' button to create your project, data et al. then you may need to do somthing in the wizard's 'Select Data' page. *see attacment

I'm making some assumptions here but hopefully it will apply to you to...

I'm choosing to 'Checkout for disconnected editing>Schema only' from my operational fgdb in the wizard and there's a checkbox from which I can choose an existing apl file. If you are using a similar workflow, every time you make edits to a script file or the apl file, you need to uncheck this box, which launches an 'Open...' dialog and repoint to your apl file again. This is because the selections you make in the wizard are saved in an *.apo file alongside your *mxd. This *.apo file contains not a pointer to your apl and script file but the actual binary encoding of those files in their entirety. Doing this essentially updates that binary in the *apo file.

I didn't find this documented anywhere.

Hope this helps,
Michael

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23520[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III
After saving your changes in ArcPad Studio, make sure you close the AXF before trying to use it in ArcPad.

Avoid having a single AXF open for editing in both ArcPad and ArcPad Studio 🙂

Hannah
0 Kudos