ArcPad on Windows Mobile 6.5

04-08-2010 09:49 AM
MichelleTherrien
New Contributor
I have just purchased a new 'Windows phone' - HTC Touch Pro 2 to utilize the Microsoft applications.  Down the road I would like to use it for GIS field work with ArcPad.  I am wondering if anyone has any experience using ArcPad on Windows Mobile 6.5?

Thank you.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DamianoParravano
New Contributor
Hi,
on WM 6.5, many crash when I zoom medium size images  (20, 30 Mb for all compression format) and big (100, 200, 300 Mb).
Look here:

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=34&f=2461&t=300302

Regards.
0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs1
New Contributor
Hi,

See this thread, it answers to your question:

And you can check ArcPad's sys. req. page to see if other components are supported...

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
StephenQuan
Occasional Contributor
There aren't many Windows Mobile 6.5 devices out there, but, we've had successes with ArcPad 8.0 SP4 and ArcPad 10.0 running on them.

The Windows Mobile 6.5 touch paradigm does influences the look and feel in ArcPad's UI by changing the placement and size of some of the buttons.

As to the crashes identified in previous post they were problems of ArcPad 8.0 SP2. Both ArcPad 8.0 SP4 and ArcPad 10.0 had improvements targeted a variety of memory and performance issues. The main concern was how ArcPad 8.0 SP2 performed on high resolution devices (thus causing greater memory usage) but were not connected to the fact that the OS was Windows Mobile 6.5.
0 Kudos
Francisco_JoseVentura
New Contributor
My query is on ArcPad 8 SP4 installed on a windows mobile 6.5 smartphone HTC HD2.

In my case the problem I raised is when I have to enter the registration number on the mobile device (HTC HD2) does not allow me to accept because the validate button does not appear active, only appears active cancel button.So the program is in test mode.
0 Kudos