ArcPad Errors on launch and shutdown - 10.0 and newer

07-29-2014 10:38 AM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Just updating our ArcPad on a few Trimble Juno SB units from 8 to 10.

Install works fine, the issue is a bunch of erros that I receive when I launch the application. Specifically "Script Error 800A01A8", I three of these I have to close and then one more when I shut it down. It seems harmless as if I ignore these errors ArcPad seems to run normally with no issue.

There has been some discussion on this but I have not come across any definitive solutions of how to be rid of these errors. Thought would start it up again and see if anyone has had any success getting rid of them. I have tried both 10.0 and 10.2 installs and get the same error and on multiple units.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi, Mike,

were you just opening an empty map or existing project with customization/scripts?

0 Kudos
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rui,

Just an empty map - no customization or scripts. What I did find is that when I install ArcPad using external memory (micro SD) it will work as expected with no errors. I am still not sure why.

I would much rather have it loaded on internal memory.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Mike,

Can you reset the Juno before installing the newer version of ArcPad? Look like there might have been some old scripts or preference files left somewhere on the device.

Thanks,

Rui

0 Kudos