Where is ESRI.ArcGIS.Desktop.AddIns.Extension in 10.4.1

10-23-2017 08:02 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am opening an existing VS 2012 add In build in ArcGIS 10.2 with VS 2015 in ArcGIS 10.4.1 and I do not find this library:

ESRI.ArcGIS.Desktop.AddIns.Extension

Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseSanchez

Hello again,

It works when I change the .Net Framework from 3.5 to 4.5.1

But now I get another error message.

I tested creating a new AddIn Project and when I build the project I also get the same error message:

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Suppression State

Error

The "ValidateAddInXMLTask" task failed unexpectedly.System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.SDK.MSBuild.ValidateAddInXMLTask.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

ArcMapAddin1

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
0 Kudos