I'm trying to develop an extranet GIS application web site for my client using the WebADF tools in VS2008 C#.
Everything is installed on a stand-alone box (Server 2003).
When I add a Map Resource Manager and Map control to my 'New ASP.NET Website' it can read the layers from ArcGIS Server local no problem. However, when I run the app the map control does not display. There are no errors.
Other tools such as Toolbar do display therefore I assume it's a permissions issue whereby the WebADF can go and read the layers but can't bring them back to display in the browser. I've set all Code Groups in .NET framework to 'Full trust' and still no joy. This is driving me mad!
Just to add, I've looked at the Event Viewer in Windows and found this DCOM error: 10016. I've granted permissions in the ASP.NET framework configurator but still no map display.