Using IfeatureCursor to location a feature

04-04-2016 04:42 AM
IbrahimHussein
Occasional Contributor

I have a IfeatureCursor that I initialized to null. When I try to set it with a IfeatsureSelection.SelectionSet.Search(,,out IfetureCursor) I get an error saying

cannot convert 'out ESRI.ArcGIS.Geodatabase.IFeatureCursor' to 'out ESRI.ArcGIS.Geodatabase.ICursor'

Code

void SelectionChangedFunc()
            {
                IFeatureSelection featSel = default(IFeatureSelection); //link to a feature selection
                IFeatureCursor selCur = null;                           //feature cursor to iterate
                IFeature f = default(IFeature);                         //link to a feature

featSel = p_addressLayer as IFeatureSelection;
                MessageBox.Show("changed"); //debugging purposes

if (featSel.SelectionSet.Count > 0)
                {

featSel.SelectionSet.Search(null, false, out selCur);
                    f = selCur.NextRow();
                    MessageBox.Show(f.Fields.FindField("STR_NAME").ToString()); //debugging purposes
                    MessageBox.Show(selCur.Fields.FindField("STR_NAME").ToString()); //debugging purposes

}
            }

Line 15 is where the issue is. I tried casting with no luck. Anyone come accross this issue or was able to successfully use a IfeatureCursor in C# SDK 10.4

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I've just tried using a IFeatureCursor in a search on a selection set using VBA in 10.4 and it worked for...

If your code is not actually accessing the geometry field, which it appears to be the case, why not try ICursor instead?

IbrahimHussein
Occasional Contributor

Hi duncan, I actually figured it out. I had to use ICursor like you suggested, and then cast it as a IFeatureCursor after I call the SelectionSet.Search function.

0 Kudos
SuryaNarayana
New Contributor

I am new to this ArcObjects coding. Could someone help me, how to convert ICursor to IFeatureCursor

0 Kudos