Project Z-Coordinates

04-11-2011 07:36 AM
ThomasGocke
New Contributor
Hi,

if I want to project a point from one SpatialReference to another SpatialReference with a different datum (using GeoTransforamtion), the Z-Coordinate should be changed.
At IGeometry.Project(...) it is mentioned that "The Z and measure values are not changed by the Project method."
But the IGeometry2.ProjectEx(...) doesn't work either. Is there any way other to project Geometries that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi,

if I want to project a point from one SpatialReference to another SpatialReference with a different datum (using GeoTransforamtion), the Z-Coordinate should be changed.
At IGeometry.Project(...) it is mentioned that "The Z and measure values are not changed by the Project method."
But the IGeometry2.ProjectEx(...) doesn't work either. Is there any way other to project Geometries that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

Hello Thomas,

We aren't yet doing any vertical (z) transformations, even when the input/output z values represent ellipsoid-based heights. We do plan to add this functionality, but it will be in a future release.

Melita
0 Kudos
ThomasGocke
New Contributor
Ok, thank you Melita
0 Kudos