Problem with File geodatabase

01-29-2011 01:58 AM
sujaygarapati
New Contributor
I am trying  to browse File geodatabase using common dialog box and open the feature dataset and then feature class in arcengine9.31 but unable to do it can any one help me
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
What's happening when you try this? Please give some more details. Are you sure you've sucessfully checked out a license?
0 Kudos
sujaygarapati
New Contributor
this is the code i wrote

Private Sub OpenDialog_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles OpenDialog.Click
        Dim openFileDialog As System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog = New System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog
        openFileDialog.InitialDirectory = "c:\"
        openFileDialog.Filter = "File GBD (*.GDB)|*.GDB"
        openFileDialog.FilterIndex = 2
        openFileDialog.RestoreDirectory = True
        openFileDialog.Multiselect = False
        If openFileDialog.ShowDialog = System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
0 Kudos
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
A file geodatabase is a folder that contains many files that make up the database.  You can't browse to a folder using a file browser; you need to use a folder browser.  Or just use the standard IGxDialog used by the ArcGIS Desktop applications.
0 Kudos
sujaygarapati
New Contributor
Thank you very much for  replaying,i  am trying  arcengine,i created a form which will will export shape file to feature class (FileGDB---->Dataset----->Featureclass),can you please provide any code
0 Kudos
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
Use the search box at the top of the page.  There is also a link to the archived forums where you can also search.  There is also a sample for using the IGxDialog in the developer help.
0 Kudos
sujaygarapati
New Contributor
AS IGXdialog interface belongs to destop ,so i cant use in arcengine
0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
AS IGXdialog interface belongs to destop ,so i cant use in arcengine

http://hi.baidu.com/007day/blog/item/c6475eaf0dcd41fefaed5068.html
0 Kudos
DebbieAlger
New Contributor III

Hi Sujay,

Did you ever resolve this?? What a pain that ESRI removed this very important functionality in Engine.

Thanks,

0 Kudos