Not able to edit feature dataset layers once accessed through Java add-in.

Jump to solution
10-15-2014 06:49 AM
ArjunDongre
Occasional Contributor

I have created an add-in to that takes in a unique ID, searches through the TOC for the appropriate layer and then zooms to feature with that ID. However, once that action is performed, I am not able to start editing any of the features in that Feature Dataset without warnings and errors. How do I release locks on these objects so that the main ArcMap thread can have access again?

Thank you

Arjun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArjunDongre
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dallas,

I'm actually using the Java SDK. I finally figured the problem out yesterday afternoon. I was using the arcengine license with my add-in. I used an out of the box sample for accessing the license. Even though we have desktop advanced, if you use an engine license, it downgrades the whole mxd for that session. I changed it to using the advanced license, and now I have no errors. Thank you for your response!

Arjun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DallasShearer
Occasional Contributor

are you using the ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ComReleaser to marshal  the search objects. If not that's likely your problem. Check out these to links they have examples and instruction on how to use it.

ArcObjects 10 .NET SDK Help

ArcObjects 10 .NET SDK Help

0 Kudos
ArjunDongre
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dallas,

I'm actually using the Java SDK. I finally figured the problem out yesterday afternoon. I was using the arcengine license with my add-in. I used an out of the box sample for accessing the license. Even though we have desktop advanced, if you use an engine license, it downgrades the whole mxd for that session. I changed it to using the advanced license, and now I have no errors. Thank you for your response!

Arjun

0 Kudos
KevinYanuk
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to try and integrate more java for addins and engine, but I always run into strange problems - the last engine app I tried to write in Java gave me 'cannot find main class' errors (I was using jre1.6, but have java 1.8 installed, perhaps that is an issue).  Also, I have problems where my buttons don't show up in the Java Commands or any other category I enter.

Have you experienced anything like this with Java?

0 Kudos