.NET Toolstrip with Measure Tool Issue in ArcEngine 10

09-13-2011 01:57 PM
WayneGuidry
New Contributor III
We have been using the ESRI Measure Tool on a .Net Toolstrip with version 9.3.1 for over a year now with no problem. I just upgraded to 10.0 SP2 and now when I click on any of the buttons inside the measure tool (measure by point, area, etc...) it opens up a separate instance of the measure tool window and seems to disconnect itself from the original window, however if I load the measure tool into the AxToolbarControl and click it from there it works correctly.

It seems the AxToolbarControl has an additional hook or something that we are not setting, but I can't find anything about it.

Any one else using a .NET toolstrip see this behavior or have any ideas what changed that would have affected this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
This is a known issue that is resolved in 10.0 SP3 (should be released in Oct. 2011).

NIM068806: Clicking Map control using any of the tools in the Measure dialog box, opens another Measure dialog box.

Here is the SP3 list
0 Kudos
MattMerrill
New Contributor II
Is this still a bug? I know that it says it was addressed with Sp3 but I'm still seeing this behavior with Sp4 installed. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Is sp4 not cumulative? Do I need to install sp3 and sp4? Any insight would be great, thanks!

Matt
0 Kudos
MagnusTorsgården
New Contributor
We are experiencing this bug in ArcGIS Enginge 10.1.

Does anyone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
MagnusTorsgården
New Contributor
The error still exist after I've installed ArcGIS Engine 10.1 SP1
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
You should raise this issue with your local distributor's tech support.  The forums are not a good place to have esri software defects resolved.  Tech support will have a procedure to handle such requests.
0 Kudos
MagnusTorsgården
New Contributor
Yes. We did that. But a forum is usually a good place to reach users, and in my experience users response faster than tech-support 🙂 and I don't really need to resolve the issue, just to find a work-around 🙂
0 Kudos
MagnusTorsgården
New Contributor
Calling SetBuddyControl on the AxToolbarControl every time the tool is activated solved our issue.
0 Kudos