Missing required ArcGIS runtime (.NET support) and/or .NET SDK installations.Some template wizard options will be unavailable, and missing ArcGIS assemblies will appear as broken links in the project.Do you want to continue?

03-28-2015 08:45 AM
xinglee1
New Contributor

I wrote programs using ArcGIS Engine 10.2 and Visual Studio 2010. When one of the last 5 templates (Class Library (Engine), Console Application (Engine), GlobeControl Application, MapControl Application, Windows Application (Engine)) was selected in new a Extending ArcObjects project, the alert prompt will be occur (see attached).  I uninstalled the ArcGIS and SDK, then reinstalled them, but the problem doesn't go away. I need your help. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check if this link is helpful?

According to it, the order of installation has to be followed.

1) VS 2010

2) ArcGIS Desktop/Engine

3) .NET SDK

Think Location
0 Kudos
xinglee1
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I uninstalled ArcGIS Desktop and ArcObjects SDK for Microsoft .NET Framework, and reinstall them according the order, ArcGIS Desktop first and then ArcObjects SDK for Microsoft .NET Framework. But the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
seria
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Please uninstall everything:

(1) ArcGIS Desktop 10.2,

(2) ArcGIS Engine 10.2,

(3) ArcObjects SDK for .NET 10.2,

(4) Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

Restart your computer. Then install the software in the following order:

1) ArcGIS Dekstop 10.2

2) Visual Studio 2010

3) ArcObjects SDK for .NET 10.2

4) ArcGIS Engine for .NET 10.2.

Make sure you have licensed your ArcGIS Desktop with either a Basic, Standard or Advanced license. Also, you will need to license your Engine installation with a Single Use Developer Kit license.

Then try to create an Engine application (from File | New Project | Visual C# | ArcGIS | Extending ArcObjects | Console Application(Engine) . You should not get the error again.

0 Kudos
xinglee1
New Contributor

Thanks a lot! I will try.

0 Kudos