Migrate from 10.4.1 to 10.5.1 - AccessViolationException

09-28-2017 12:55 AM
LionelMartz
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I am currently investigating possibilities of migration of our data "manually" over an application from one database (Postgres 9.4.12) to new Database (Postgres 9.5) just by copying the data (Tables and feature classes) row by row. (This has specific reasons to do so)

Trying to copy I am all the time getting

System.AccessViolationException: 'Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.'

This happens not reliably all the time at the same features. Currenlty I get it often, when:

- Assign Annotation

- on inserting RowBuffer

- StopEditOperation, if instead of row buffer, I use CreateRow and Store

having this unspecifcly, makes it hard to bring it to support. So I would like to hear, if someone else has issues working this 10.5.1 in .NET.

Kind regards

Edit:

Affected table is an annotation feature class, with some thouthand elements.

- When on copying, I use one feature buffer, it crashes at some feature after ~ 50-95% progress, on inserting the buffer.

- If I create a new feature buffer for each feature, it also crashes at some feature after ~ 50-95% , but on assigning the Annotation to the IAnnotationFeature2.Annotation property.

- When I use the ITable.CreateRow() to generate each row, it crashes on StopEditOperation of the workspace at the end.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LionelMartz
New Contributor II

It also happens in ArcGIS 10.6

Edit: Also in 10.6.1 - Just tried without hope, as the ticked is still set to "open"

JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lionel,

Were you able to resolve this? I'm also getting this exception (in multiple places) after upgrading a project from 10.3 to 10.5.1.

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos
LionelMartz
New Contributor II

Unfortunately not.

But I was able to reproduce it also in file geodatabases, and forwarded it to ESRI Support and a Bug was opend (https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/BUG-000111263).

0 Kudos
TAMILARASAN
New Contributor

Hi ,

Same i am also getting exception,

Please refer below logs to get in Event Viewer from Windows 10 OS. 

Application: KPI.Phoenix.CADClient.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at ESRI.ArcGIS.EngineCore.GraphicTrackerClass.Replace(Int32, ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.IGeometry, ESRI.ArcGIS.EngineCore.IGraphicTrackerSymbol)
at KPI.Global.ESRIControls.usrESRIMapCtrl.UpdatePIN(KPI.Global.ESRIControls.MapLocPointProp)
at KPI.Global.WinControls.KPIWinMAP._UpdatePIN(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at KPI.Phoenix.CADClient.frmPhoenixMain.Main()

Please any help us.

Regards,

Tamilarasan.

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I have run into something similar going from 10.4.1 to 10.6.1     

We run a batch file that has a .NET executable console application to update Feature Classes via Delete and then Append using Geoprocessing.      It worked very consistently on 10.4.1 but not on 10.6.1   I have a support ticket in,  but they are not able to replicate the issue on their end.

I am running Windows 10.   With have a batch server that is  Server 2016 and it doesn't work on either.

It does work on a 10.4.1 machine running Windows Server 2008 R2.

Curious as to if any resolution was found to your issue.

Thanks,

Mele

0 Kudos
LionelMartz
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have good news for all people suffering this problem.

I've tested 10.7 prerelease and It looks like it works well again.

Regards,

Lionel

0 Kudos