Linear Line of Sight of given elevation (not DTED's elevation)

Jump to solution
03-27-2013 10:03 AM
oyleiste
Occasional Contributor
Hello

I'm able to get linear line of sight of two points and draw visible and invisible areas like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]23005[/ATTACH]

Well, is there any way to give observer's Z (elevation) and get line of sight of that point with given Z (not the elevation in DTED)? Imagine that I want to get LLOS of a helicopter that abviously it's elevation is greater that DTED's elevation of that point.
Or it's only possible with DTED elevations? Any idea?

Thank you
Regards
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
Set the Z value for the point (IPoint.Z) to the elevation value you want to use.  Make sure the point is z-aware first (IZAware.ZAware = true).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
Set the Z value for the point (IPoint.Z) to the elevation value you want to use.  Make sure the point is z-aware first (IZAware.ZAware = true).
0 Kudos
JasonPike
Occasional Contributor
Hello

I'm able to get linear line of sight of two points and draw visible and invisible areas like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]23005[/ATTACH]

Well, is there any way to give observer's Z (elevation) and get line of sight of that point with given Z (not the elevation in DTED)? Imagine that I want to get LLOS of a helicopter that abviously it's elevation is greater that DTED's elevation of that point.
Or it's only possible with DTED elevations? Any idea?

Thank you
Regards

Instead of +1 on the line below, could you not just add the distance between the helicopter and the surface?
 // observer is 1m (MA start point offset) above the ground.
observer.Z = rsc.GetElevation( observer )+1;
0 Kudos
oyleiste
Occasional Contributor
Thank you Neil & ScJpike
You're great 🙂
0 Kudos