intersection points of polygon and polilyne

05-07-2013 05:58 AM
VsU
by
New Contributor
Sorry for my bad English.

How I can to get intersection points of polygon and polilyne?
I tried to use ITopologicalOperator.intersect and ITopologicalOperator2.IntersectMultidimension methods, but
the methods have returned points of ends of polilyne, but not  intersection points.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
When you call the Intersect method, you must specify the type of intersection you want it to return.  The intersection of a polygon and a polyline will usually be a polyline so you should be passing in esriGeometry1Dimension as the 2nd parameter to the Intersect method.
0 Kudos
yuhansun
New Contributor
When you call the Intersect method, you must specify the type of intersection you want it to return.  The intersection of a polygon and a polyline will usually be a polyline so you should be passing in esriGeometry1Dimension as the 2nd parameter to the Intersect method.

can we use the Intersect method to get the intersection of a polygon and a polyline? They have different dimensions.I failed when I
try to do this.
0 Kudos
WeifengHe
Occasional Contributor II
The intersection of a polygon and a polyline can be either a polyline (esriGeometry1Dimension) or a multipoint (esriGeometry0Dimension). depending on which one you pass in as the parameter.  In uvg's case, I think should be multipoint.  Can you provide the code and data so we can see why the output are the end points of the polyline?
0 Kudos
yuhansun
New Contributor
The intersection of a polygon and a polyline can be either a polyline (esriGeometry1Dimension) or a multipoint (esriGeometry0Dimension). depending on which one you pass in as the parameter.  In uvg's case, I think should be multipoint.  Can you provide the code and data so we can see why the output are the end points of the polyline?

Thank you for your reply. I have solved the problem.Two geometries I use have different spatial references.
0 Kudos