IFeatureSelection::SelectFeatures needs admin or special privileges?

03-07-2013 07:44 AM
Ravichandran_M_Kaushika
Occasional Contributor
dear Readers,

thank you for taking the time to read this post. we have ported an ArcGIS 9.2 sp5 Arcobjects app to ArcGIS 10.0 sp. the app compiled successfully and as a developer of this app (to do com overwrite), i had admin priv on my machine. to do a clean install on other users machines, i had done the new esriRegASM changes to installer app.

after ESRIRegASM changes, the toolbar showed up fine and is working.

Now when the app was deployed on a non-admin user machine, tests were conducted for the same dataset used for testing as the developer machine (as admin). When the non-admin user tries the app, the following statements return a empty record set, where as on my dev machine, it returns 19 records.

pSourceFeatureSel.SelectFeatures(pSpatialFilterParam, esriSelectionResultEnum.esriSelectionResultNew, False)

If pSourceFeatureSel.SelectionSet.Count > 0 Then
.... do my code processing.
End if

another thing to be pointed out is that the non-admin user (business user) had downloaded the data from a national database and all records probably the non-admin business users' id or credentials - which shud say that the non-admin business user should have NO problem on the dataset downloaded and being tested on.

Admin dev machine = arcmap 10.0 sp4 = vb.net vs 2010, Win 7 64 bit machine OS

non-admin business user machien = arcmap 10.0 sp5, win 7 64 bit

regards
ravi.
0 Kudos
0 Replies