How to remove the border when using PageLayoutControl with C# ?

08-13-2012 01:25 AM
TaiBui
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi.

Do you know how to remove (delete) the border and phrase: "Layers" when using a PageLayoutControl (AxESRI .ArcGIS.Controls .AxPageLayoutControl) in C# ? Please see attached screenshot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16872[/ATTACH]

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TaiBui
by
Don't have anyone can help ?
0 Kudos
DimaShats
New Contributor III
Hi,

When you use Pagelayout control you use some ArcMAP MXD file as a template.
You can "delete" (or make invisible) the border and "LAYERS" label via editing this MXD file in ArcMAP.

Best Regards,
0 Kudos
TaiBui
by
Hi,

When you use Pagelayout control you use some ArcMAP MXD file as a template.
You can "delete" (or make invisible) the border and "LAYERS" label via editing this MXD file in ArcMAP.

Best Regards,

Thanks dshats for your help

I haven't used one ArcMap MXD file with my PageLayout Control, I only created directly objects (Text, Line) on the PageLayout for my program. Do I need use the MXD file ? (I haven't known about its uses).

Kind regards,
0 Kudos
DimaShats
New Contributor III
This is the easy way to define the things as you wish.
I am not sure, but i think there is always "default" MXD is loaded ("LAYER" label and border).
Try it, i think it will help you to do what you want.
0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
It looks like you have configured a MapFrame as your PageLayout.  If so, look at the IMapFrame interface to control the border and other properties.  The label in the middle disappers as soon as a layer is associated with the MapFrame.  I do not think there is any other way to remove the center label.

You could also try casting to the IFrameElement interface, which controls a border on virtually all frame types.  The IMapFrame inherits from that interface.
0 Kudos
TaiBui
by
Yes. Thank you
0 Kudos