How to access/connect GPS device in Arc Engine environment

09-20-2011 09:44 AM
girishkumar
New Contributor
Hi All,

How to access/connect GPS device in ArcGIS Engine environment ?

I know i can do as

RealTimeFeedManager  m_realTimeFeedManager = new RealTimeFeedManagerClass();
m_realTimeFeedManager.RealTimeFeed = m_realTimeFeedManager.RealTimeFeedSimulator as IRealTimeFeed;
But this is with simulater.

How I can get realtime coordinated form GPS device.

I have to create this in ArcGIS Engine enviroment and With ARC GIS 10 version

some working example would be very great
Girish
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveFang
New Contributor III
Check out this sample code from ESRI.  I used it as reference for a project.  The code is in VB6 so you will need to convert it to .Net code.

http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/ArcGISEngine/com_cpp/samples/com/Applications/GPSNavigator/faf084...
0 Kudos
girishkumar
New Contributor
Thanks 

but 
I have seen this before. It is with Simulator and For 9.0 version.

I am looking for ARC GIs 10 and specific to Engine Environment

Girish
0 Kudos
SteveFang
New Contributor III
If you looked at the example you will notice two options for the application.  GPS device and simulator.  Look at the GPS device portion.  It will show you how to create a GPS connection, test it to make sure it's working, and set it to a GPS feed.  With the GPS feed, you can set it to the realtimefeed in the realtimefeedmanager instead of using the simulated feed.

I know the example is for ArcEngine 9 version and in VB6 but the way to connect to a GPS device, get the feed and display on the map is probably the same in ArcEngine 10.  Obviously, I could be wrong since I did this in ArcEngine 9.3.1 but I am willing to bet you can use the same approach in ArcGIS 10.
0 Kudos