How do i populate GlobalID's in a geodatabase using ArcObjects for .NET?

Jump to solution
02-26-2021 10:06 AM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for information on populating GlobalID's in a geodatabase using ArcObjects for .NET.

We have users who would like to edit features in Survey123 that were created in ArcMap. 

In order to work with Survey123, I need to adopt GlobalId usage. I'm just not sure on how to automate the population the GlobalId's in C#.

Any information is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

It appears the Add Global ID Tool in ESRI would take care of it but a higher level of license is needed to run that tool.

Since my users may often have the lowest tiered version i opted for a different way. You can code for this directly in C# using System.Guid.NewGuid().ToString()); to populate your GUIDs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The values of GlobalIDs are initially generated when the Add Global ID command is run. After that the Geodatbase in which the features reside takes care of new records; if a new record is added, a unique global id is generated for that record.

I know that Survey123 likes to use GlobalIDs as a relationship key but it's been a while since I worked with Survey 123 in that capacity.

That should just about do it....
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

It appears the Add Global ID Tool in ESRI would take care of it but a higher level of license is needed to run that tool.

Since my users may often have the lowest tiered version i opted for a different way. You can code for this directly in C# using System.Guid.NewGuid().ToString()); to populate your GUIDs.

0 Kudos