How can I protect my add-in application from cracked versions of ArcMap?

12-17-2014 05:29 AM
tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

I want to allow only licensed ArcMap to use my application, and/or prevent a cracked version of ArcMap from using that add-in application.

EsriLicenseStatus Constant can't control if the version is  cracked. Maybe we can control from ArcGis Administrator Number of Licenses? (For example, stolen ArcMap have a Number of Licenses different than licensed ArcMap.)Is there any information from the system to detect illegal ArcMap copies when installing my add-in?

Help Me

11 Replies
tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Can we understand stolen Arcmap ?

Miguel_AngelBarrientos_Martíne
New Contributor II

protect from what? bad people?

tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Yes , who use stolen ArcMap and who dont want to give money for ArcGIS license.

New Contributor II

hahaha hilarious!

0 Kudos
tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Is there any information from the system to detect illegal ArcMap copies when installing my application ?

New Contributor II

Really?

let me ask you a question...your primary goal is detect illegal license files or make a better Add-In? 

maybe you need focus all your effort in develop the very first Antivirus for ESRI than others apps or extentions.

let ESRI guys do THEIR JOB.

tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Maybe

But if I get that number of licenses from arcobjects or files  maybe I can control.Because stolen ArcMap have a Number of Licenses different than licensed ArcMap.(For example, stolen ArcMap have a like 666 or 0 number because is stolen)

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

ok. i'm done Here. good luck with that (?)

tanerkoka1
Occasional Contributor

Thanx