How can I open a cacheDataset into a new layer in arcEngine

12-01-2011 07:59 AM
TimB
by
New Contributor III
I am trying to load a cacheDataset (name?) that was created using the MapCookerClass as shown in the Multithreaded MapCruncher example at the URL below.  In arcMap it is possible to connect/add this cache using the Add Data dialog.  The ArcEngine dialog does not seem to support this structure so I am trying to do it programmatically.

Do I use a rasterWorkspace to open and connect to this data?  Or, do I need to use something like the DynamicCacheLayerManager?  The latter appeared more likely, but it looks like it is assuming you already have that layer in the map. 

I am wanting to add a new layer to the map from the previously created cache for an offline scenario.

Any help/examples would be greatly appreciated.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/Sample_Multithreaded_Ma...
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimB
by
New Contributor III
ESRI: The quote below is from your help file that discusses the MapCruncher sample.
So my question is: How do I 'Add the cache as a raster' in ArcEngine?

From the 'How to use' section:
4. Once the cache is finished processing, open Engine or Desktop, navigate to the cache folder, and add the cache as a raster.

I am trying to load a cacheDataset (name?) that was created using the MapCookerClass as shown in the Multithreaded MapCruncher example at the URL below. In arcMap it is possible to connect/add this cache using the Add Data dialog. The ArcEngine dialog does not seem to support this structure so I am trying to do it programmatically. 

Do I use a rasterWorkspace to open and connect to this data? Or, do I need to use something like the DynamicCacheLayerManager? The latter appeared more likely, but it looks like it is assuming you already have that layer in the map.  

I am wanting to add a new layer to the map from the previously created cache for an offline scenario. 

Any help/examples would be greatly appreciated. 

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/Sample_Multithreaded_Ma...
0 Kudos