GPS interface code samples

07-12-2011 12:20 PM
MikeSweeney
Esri Contributor
Can anyone point me to a code sample that connects to a NMEA GPS device and reads the strings?

I know I will need to use:

iGPSConnection
iGPSFeed
IGPSDisplayProperties

Thanks!

Mike
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChaoWang
Esri Contributor
Please take a look at the sample below to see if it helps.

GPS Navigator
http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/ArcGISEngine/com_cpp/samples/com/Applications/GPSNavigator/faf084...

Chel.
0 Kudos
BaluRamki
New Contributor
Hey,
That's a good sample but I'm in need to use c# for my case and I have no knowledge of VB or whatever the sample code is .....
Can you tell me how to convert to c#
and I couldn't find the frmGpsConnection form screen shot any clue what components (tool bar as such) it has...

Thank you
0 Kudos
grahamwood
New Contributor III
DotSpatial.Positioning
its a open source project. Had a complete set of tools for gps communication.  And controls to show sat light locations.
0 Kudos
BaluRamki
New Contributor
DotSpatial.Positioning
its a open source project. Had a complete set of tools for gps communication.  And controls to show sat light locations.

Thank you darkchip
You see I'm a novice programmer,I downloaded the x86 zip found some folders inside with xml documents ,program debug database, application extension....
Now it would be so kind of you if you could explain me what I do with these file , how to use this for my application I'm creating I want to make it simple; look for gps hardware , if found display the current position......no fiddling with options or anything ....

Thank You
0 Kudos