Get Join Information for Invalid Layer

02-06-2014 12:18 PM
MichaelFischer
New Contributor II
I've got some layers from an SDE database; that have joins in them.

The problem is the database has been moved to a new server, so I need to update the connection strings;  I can change the the datasource for the main layer and reconnect fine;  however unless the database is there, the join connection information is blank.

i.e.  the IDisplayTable.DisplayTable is null.... 

Is there any other method of reading what the Joins are on a layer, when the layer is not valid?  For example the Invalid layer still has it's original IWorkspaceName so I change change the server name,  but nothing for the join

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
It's been a while since I've had to work with joins on a layer but I believe you can access them through IRelationshipClassCollection, which is an interface implemented by the layer object.
0 Kudos
MichaelFischer
New Contributor II
It's been a while since I've had to work with joins on a layer but I believe you can access them through IRelationshipClassCollection, which is an interface implemented by the layer object.

Thanks for the suggestion, IRelationshipClassCollection doesn't work with featureclass to featureclass joins,  so don't think it will work 'offline' either

M
0 Kudos