Geodata Service SOE: "Thread was being aborted" error after operation finishes

04-05-2012 09:44 AM
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II
I've developed a custom Server Object Extension (SOE) that performs an operation that takes between 4-6mins and returns a small response (i.e. <1kb).

Through direct debugging and logging, I can determine that this operation runs in its entirety without errors and sends the expected result.

However, rather than receiving this result, the client is sent the markup of the standard ASP.NET error web page, which says:

"Thread was being aborted" at web application "ArcGIS\Services"

Is this a configuration issue with the ArcGIS Server application pool in IIS, or could something else be the cause?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LakshmananVenkatesan
We are facing similar issue, any clues or help?
0 Kudos
ErinBrimhall
John:

We haven't made any progress on resolving this problem.  The only viable workaround we've found was to convert the SOE functionality into a Geoprocessing tool/service and leverage the asynchronous behavior of submitting jobs and checking their status.

My sense is that this problem is the result of some combination of settings in IIS that involve resource usage/availability or request timeouts.  I've beat that angle to death, however, so the cause of Thread Abort errors remains a mystery.
0 Kudos