Duplicated versions of visual studio and installing ArcObjects for .NET

Jump to solution
03-09-2021 01:49 AM
KristieWong
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to install the ArcObjects (version 10.8) for .NET through Visual Studio 2019, but I cannot see the option for that from the Setup (pic1). Instead, it recognised the other version of Visual Studio (2017) and cannot find any matches about ArcGIS from Visual Studio 2019(pic3).

After the attempt of uninstall Visual Studio 2017, and also tried the solution from similar issue: Visual Studio 2019 and ArcMap/ArcObjects 10.8 but none of them worked (pic4)

10th March 2021 Updates:

Reboot PC, Uninstall and re-install of Visual Studio and ArcObjects, have been tried but yet able to apply ArcObjects in Visual Studio

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristieWong
Esri Contributor

So I have tried few more times with different machines and finally solve the problem.

To clarify, duplicated versions of visual studio is not the reason for this problem. I am not sure if it would cause other problems but I have only applied Visual Studio 2019 (Visual Studio 2017 uninstalled). Other than the version of Visual Studio, me and my colleague have gone through the below:

• Version of ArcMap 

I was using ArcMap 10.6, so the solution for this part is to update to ArcMap 10.8 or higher. But simply update still produce the same result (pic4 of the original post). So we look at the Visual Studio again.

• Workloads for Visual Studio

The version used is Visual Studio 2019 - 16.9.1. After re-installed, we chose the following workloads (Image1): ASP.NET and web development and .NET desktop development. This has solved the issue shown in pic4 and we proceed to installing ArcObject (Image2).

I created a new project in Visual Studio, but then failed to run the project (Image3). This is caused because we are using ArcMap 10.8.1. We then realised that the Config was looking for version 10.8 (Image4). So the last bit is to change the version to "10.8.1" and save. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KristieWong
Esri Contributor

So I have tried few more times with different machines and finally solve the problem.

To clarify, duplicated versions of visual studio is not the reason for this problem. I am not sure if it would cause other problems but I have only applied Visual Studio 2019 (Visual Studio 2017 uninstalled). Other than the version of Visual Studio, me and my colleague have gone through the below:

• Version of ArcMap 

I was using ArcMap 10.6, so the solution for this part is to update to ArcMap 10.8 or higher. But simply update still produce the same result (pic4 of the original post). So we look at the Visual Studio again.

• Workloads for Visual Studio

The version used is Visual Studio 2019 - 16.9.1. After re-installed, we chose the following workloads (Image1): ASP.NET and web development and .NET desktop development. This has solved the issue shown in pic4 and we proceed to installing ArcObject (Image2).

I created a new project in Visual Studio, but then failed to run the project (Image3). This is caused because we are using ArcMap 10.8.1. We then realised that the Config was looking for version 10.8 (Image4). So the last bit is to change the version to "10.8.1" and save. 

0 Kudos