Cannot register a DLL for the background Geoprocessing (64-bit)

04-28-2015 04:09 AM
calgis
by
New Contributor

Hi

I would like to use a managed dll for ArcMap and background geoprocessing (64-bit). I registered the dll by using the methods described in 43712 - ESRIRegAsm.exe Error: Registration Failed. Could not load file or assembly​ and 40735 - Register function tools (DLL) for both Desktop and 64-bit Background Processing​. However, i got the problem in step 5 (ESRIRegAsm.exe C:\xxx\xxxx.dll /regfile:xx.reg). I found that ESRIRegAsm.exe cannot generate any register file (xx.reg) in 10.3 under win7(64-bit) but successfully generate in 10.2 under win server 2008(64-bit). I used the parameter ESRIRegAsm /e to get the error message but it just showed "Generation of reg file failed (/regfile option)." Did I get anything wrong for dll registration for 10.3 under win 7 (64-bit)? or It is a bug for 10.3?

Thanks

Calvin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

do you run EsriRegAsm as administrator?

0 Kudos
calgis
by
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I ran it as administrator.Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks

Calvin

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have installed a tool for desktop and background 64bit processing on window server 2012r2 with arcgis 10.3 and I haven't problem so I don't think a bug. Seems that esriregasm cannot write the file reg in your directory.

Have you tried without filename ("...  This only works with managed assemblies, and the generated .reg file will not contain any category information.  If the file name is not specified, by default, it is generated in the same directory as the assembly and has the same name as the assembly with the .reg extension (optional)....") ? /regfile

0 Kudos
calgis
by
New Contributor

Tried it before but failure also. I would like to know whether you install 10.3 ArcObject sdk in windows server 2012 or not? And which version of ArcObject sdk did you use for building the dll? Thanks.

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes, I also have installed sdk arcobjects 10.3 in Windows Server 2012

0 Kudos