Cannot load Arcobject java plugin to eclipse (64 bit)

Jump to solution
07-16-2013 08:33 AM
IshanKaushik
New Contributor
Hi,

I installed following setup available in ArcGis Desktop installer

1) ArcGis Desktop.
2) Under ArcGis Developer Resources --> ArcObject SDK for Java Platform.

This installlation was done on window 7 64 bit computer.

My problem is i am not able to install the eclipse pluggin.

Do i am require to install java runtime SDK ?
But that installation is not available in ArcGis Destop installation manager.

Can i develope java standalone application in eclipse with arcGis Destop evironment of 64 bit system?
Or is it because java arcObject 10 is not compatible with 64 bit system.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SachinKanaujia
Occasional Contributor III
Can you verify if its taking the 32 bit JRE? To be absolutely sure I would recommend you to run in from command line. Set the java path, ArcGIS related path, "check the java -version" and then run some simple test program. Its clearly an issue where its not able to load a 32 bit dll

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SachinKanaujia
Yes you need to use a 32 bit version of java. Here is the System requirement.
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/arcgissdks/10.0/system-requirements

If you are developing some console based jobs etc then this should be sufficient but if there is something that requires a UI component then you need to use ArcGIS Engine.
0 Kudos
IshanKaushik
New Contributor
Thanks , for response but there it says that Windows Vista Ultimate, Enterprise, Business, Home Premium (32-bit and 64-bit (EM64T)) are supported for ArcObjects SDK for the Java Platform.

I am using same comfrigration Window 7 and java sdk installed . There i can't see anything specific to engine and destop environment . Furthermore you said that engine environment is required if GUI is there , like a standalone application . But in documentation , at following link

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/java_ao_adf/conceptualhelp/engine/index.html#//0001000003n1000000

, They have shown two bootsrap methord , one for "AGSENGINEJAVA" thats for Engine environment and other "AGSDESKTOPJAVA" for destop environment .

I am getting confused whats the dilema here , can you please clear it .

The basic problem is i want to use ArcGis Destop License environment , and create an java standalone application on 64 bit system.
0 Kudos
IshanKaushik
New Contributor
OK , i somehow instal plugin to eclipse but the problem is not resolved yet .
While running my application following error comes in console of eclipse

"Could not load native libraries.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Bin\ntvinv.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform"

What does that mean ???
0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia
Looks like it is still picking up the 64 bit JRE. Can you check and make sure you run it on a 32 bit JRE
0 Kudos
IshanKaushik
New Contributor
That mean i am require to have both 32 bit and 64 bit java jdk installed on my system ?
0 Kudos
IshanKaushik
New Contributor
Ok , i installed the 32 bid jdk and provided eclipse to run through 32 bit jre in run configration . But the error is same as mentioned above.

Could not load native libraries.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Bin\ntvinv.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia
Can you verify if its taking the 32 bit JRE? To be absolutely sure I would recommend you to run in from command line. Set the java path, ArcGIS related path, "check the java -version" and then run some simple test program. Its clearly an issue where its not able to load a 32 bit dll
0 Kudos
IshanKaushik
New Contributor
Hi,

I tried to run via 32 bit sdk , it is compiling it but again in my code where i initialise the licence as

"EngineInitializer.initializeEngine();"

It promts exception of "Unable to initialize ArcObjects environment.
AutomationException: 0x800401f5 - The specified product or version does not exis
t on this machine. in 'ArcGISVersion.Version' ".

Do i need to change my code to smthing initialising Desktop not Engine ?
Or as u said earlier standalone tool wont work without engine environment ?
0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia
Can you provide the Initialization code you are using? It appears you are not binding your Arcobjects environment correctly to the available product on your machine.
0 Kudos