Can't Install 10.1 SDK on machine with ArcGIS Server 10.1??? Version 10.1.2945 ISSUE

10-04-2012 12:58 PM
troyturcott
New Contributor II
I need to migrate my SOE's over to 10.1 and discovered I can't install the .NET AO 10.1 SDK  on the same development machine that I did the ArcGIS Server 10.1 installation...

Can someone from ESRI or anywhere tell me if I need to hack the registry and change the version number for server temporarily to get this SDK to install?

Here's what's showing up on my 2008 R2 development server right now:

Installer Information
"One or more ArcGIS version 10.1.2945 product(s) exist on your machine. You must uninstall them before installing ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework"

PatchFinder Results:

ArcGIS 10.1 Web Adaptor (IIS)

ArcGIS 10.1 for Server
0 Kudos
7 Replies
troyturcott
New Contributor II
ESRI? Hello??? Certainly someone there can help me out...
0 Kudos
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
I'll double check but I'm pretty sure the 10.1 final build number was 3035 not 2945. Are you sure you have and are working with 10.1 Final setups?

I have both installed on multiple machines and didn't have to hack anything in the registry.
0 Kudos
troyturcott
New Contributor II
Please check on the build number...I was told this was recently downloaded by our corporate IT folks
Thanks
0 Kudos
troyturcott
New Contributor II
John,

Your right, there's a difference in the builds numbers...my ArcGIS Desktop binaries have 3035 and my ArcGIS Server binaries have 2945. Please confirm that both ArcGIS Desktop/SDK and ArcGIS Server should have build number 3035. I need to know ASAP so I can get my IT department to re-download the binaries...

Regards,

Troy
0 Kudos
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
Yes, should be 3035 for Final.

2945 looks like it was a build somewhere between pre-release and final.
0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Troy,

When I poke around, 2944 is listed as the build number for 10.1 prerelease for Desktop, Server, Engine, and Reader.

Melita
0 Kudos
troyturcott
New Contributor II
Thanks a bunch!!!...I'm forwarding this thread link to corporate hq so they can get things updated ASAP.
0 Kudos