Calling IExtension Custom Methods form External Solution

03-18-2013 10:57 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: chytanyap

Please refer Below Attachements

1) Extension.doc(contains a class Which implements IExtension Properties and IExtension Members and Custom Defined Methods)
2)ExternalApplication.doc(Contains a form having a Button. My Requirement is ,On Button Click Event we should open ArcMap and Find ExtensionByName and with that we have to access all Custom Methods in that Extension using ArcObjects. But I Am Unable to Get Custom Methods Defined in that Extension.If We add Dll of that Extension class to this External Application we are not getting that Custom Methods.

Extension is enabling when ARCMap is opened but We are unable to call that Methods. We Need to pass some Parameters to that Custom Method in Extension from External Application.

I am getting Below Error when  I Build Extensal Application Solution

Error:'object' does not contain a definition for 'CreateWo' and no extension method 'CreateWo' accepting a first argument of type 'object' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

This is Very Challenging Task. We spent so much time to resolve this issue.. Still We Didn't get....

Please Suggest me the approach Programmatically.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Neil

You're typing the extension reference as IExtension.  IExtension does not expose your custom methods.  You need to cast to your actual class type in order to see your custom methods.
0 Kudos