ArcObjects tool development - Could not find some namespaces

Jump to solution
08-01-2013 08:53 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
I worked on multiple ArcObjects Desktop applications several years ago.  In those project, I needed to add some references, e.g. ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF, ESRI.ArcGIS.Utility (this one is in ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF?), etc., which could not found in my CPU.  Where could I find their dlls? 
Besides, in the created project, I could not add ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor.dll and ESRI.ArcGIS.GeoprocessingLib.dll.  The error message shows that the xxx.dll can't be added.  Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.
Please help if you can.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Got the downloaded ArcObjects_SDK_for_Net_Framework_101_129966 and gthe problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
Do you have the ArcObjects SDK installed?
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Probably not.  Through Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\, I did not see it.  Per your hint, I should find the SDK and then install it.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
The ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF assembly was replaced at 10.0 by several assemblies. See the help documentation under the heading of New Assemblies. For example, if you're using comReleaser, you'll have to load the ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.Local assembly. The assemblies ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor and ESRI.ArcGIS.GeoprocessorUI (I couldn't see a ESRI.ArcGIS.GeoprocessorLib assembly) have to be loaded using Add Reference instead Add ArcGIS Reference. This is also true for any of the toolboxes (DataManagementTools, etc.).
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
I use VS 2010 to Add Reference, and got the error for Geoprocessor and GeoprocessingLib, but OK for many other dlls.
Searched my C:\ and could not find ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF assembly and GeoroprocessorUI.dll.
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Got the downloaded ArcObjects_SDK_for_Net_Framework_101_129966 and gthe problem solved.
0 Kudos