ArcObjects SDK .NET framework within Visual Studio 2010 SP1

Jump to solution
05-08-2012 10:50 AM
DiegoIvan_Ordonez
New Contributor
Hi.

Does anyone know if the ArcObjects SDK 10 for .NET framework works with Visual Studio 2010 SP1 ?

I have installed in the same machine Visual Studio 2008 SP 1, and the SDK works very well but not in VS2010.

Thank you all.

DIEGO
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdSurowiec
New Contributor II
I'm using ArcObjects in VS2010 SP1.  I can "Add ArcGIS Reference..." in the Solution Explorer.  I have the snippet finder in the right-click on source code and ArcGIS Windows Forms in the Toolbox.  VS2008 was never installed on my system.  Maybe it did not get added to VS2010 IDE because you have both VS2008 and VS2010 installed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15313[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Actually, it doesn't mention Service Pack 1 for Visual Studios 2010:

[TD="class: rteleft"] ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Engine Runtime or ArcGIS Server is required to develop with the ArcObjects SDK.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
[/TD]

ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Visual Basic Express
              Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Visual C# Express
              Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (C#, VB.NET) Standard, Professional, Team Edition
              Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (C#, VB.NET) Professional, Premium, Ultimate Edition
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
You are right.  I think that someone should file the fact that it does not as an incident with ESRI support.

We have been running SP1 on VS2010 since it was released.  I suspect that this pattern is very widespread.
0 Kudos
EdSurowiec
New Contributor II
I'm using ArcObjects in VS2010 SP1.  I can "Add ArcGIS Reference..." in the Solution Explorer.  I have the snippet finder in the right-click on source code and ArcGIS Windows Forms in the Toolbox.  VS2008 was never installed on my system.  Maybe it did not get added to VS2010 IDE because you have both VS2008 and VS2010 installed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15313[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos