ArcGIS SDK templates not showing up in Visual Studio 2012

03-25-2014 08:45 AM
MichaelShaffer
New Contributor II
I'm trying to use Visual Studio 2012 and the ArcGIS SDK to make a custom tool. I installed the ArcGIS SDK but the templates don't show up when I go to make a new project in Visual Studio 2012. I reinstalled Visual Studio and that didn't help. Do I have to install something else? I'm running Windows 7 and the 60 day trial of ArcGIS.

Thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Did you make sure that you selected the .NET Framework 3.5 in the New Project dialog?
0 Kudos
MichaelShaffer
New Contributor II
I couldn't even find the box to do that. I read another post about needing to do that but there was just a search box. No drop down box that I could see. I guess I'll look again when I get home.
0 Kudos
MichaelShaffer
New Contributor II
Here's a screen shot, I don't see where to select the .NET version.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32496[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
My version of VS 2012 was set up after installing ArcGIS, so the templates aren't showing up here. But look for the highlighted dropdown in your New Project dialog.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32497[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
What version of ArcObjects SDK are you using?
0 Kudos
MichaelShaffer
New Contributor II
Hmm I thought I replied yesterday but I guess I didn't hit submit or something. I installed the ArcGIS SDK for .NET. I guess I didn't install the ArcObjects SDK. It looks like I can't since I'm using the trial version. Doh.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
ArcGIS SDK for .NET is the ArcObjects SDK. What version of ArcGIS are you using?
0 Kudos
JoseCorral
New Contributor

I have the same issue, I have VS2012 and ArcGIS 10.2 trial installed. I installed ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET version 10.2.4 and I still don't see the arcGIS templates under C#. Even if I select Framework 3.5 I don't get them.

Could you help? Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 10.2.4:

• Supported .NET frameworks are 4.5 and 4.5.1.
  • To get the templates, make sure you have Update 3 for VS, if you plan to use Visual Studio 2012. Then run the SDK setup file again and select VS2012 during the installation.
  • Once the installation is successful, you should find the templates under Visual C# -> Windows, not under ArcGIS.

https://developers.arcgis.com/net/desktop/guide/system-requirements.htm

Thanks,

Mohini

0 Kudos