ArcGIS Engine (Geoprocessor.dll) referencing ESRI.ArcGIS.Server.dll in 10.2?

10-02-2013 08:34 AM
DingmouLi
New Contributor
Hello,

I have an application originally built with ArcGIS Engine 9.3, and having been working fine with 9.3 all the way through 10.1.
In one of the process the code uses ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor to rebuild an address locator. 

After I compiled it with ArcGIS Engine 10.2, I started to get this error on a client machine when the code tries to rebuild the address locator:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Server, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Server, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86'
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor.Geoprocessor.Execute(IGPProcess process, ITrackCancel trackCancel)
   at CC.CAD.GISBusinessLogic.ArcGISEngine.RefreshGeocodingIndexes(ILocator pLocator) in C:\Projects\ccGisValidation\v2.9\Source\ccGisValidation\GISBusinessLogic\ArcGISEngine.cs:line 3687

Assembly manager loaded from:  c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Running under executable  C:\Program Files\Cross Current Corporation\ccGisValidation\v2.9\App\Bin\CC.CAD.GISServiceHost.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
LOG: DisplayName = ESRI.ArcGIS.Server, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/...some folder.../...some other folder.../v2.9/App/Bin/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86.

I didn't get this error on my dev machine because I have ArcGIS Server installed.

Of course I could easily add that dll as a reference in my code but I don't want to. I want to know why would an ArcGIS Engine component look for an ArcGIS Server dll?

This application was designed to run on Windows (XP-7), with Microsoft .Net 3.5, and was built in Visual Studio 2008.   It was originally built with ArcGIS Engine 9.3 and this part of the code has never been changed through ArcGIS 9.3, 9.3.1, 10.0, and 10.1.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
0 Replies