ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit - Authorize Test machines

12-05-2017 01:45 AM
croemersabris
New Contributor II

I have problems to authorize my Testmachine. During Migration from 10.2.1 to 10.5.1 i installed my Developer machine and two Test machines with 10.5.1. On the 2nd Testmachine i wasn't able to authorize the machine anymore. Esri Support said that the Engine Developer Licence is a Single Use Licence. So may questions to ArcGIS Engine Developers. How do you authorize your Testmachine? I don't understand how to buy an Developer Subscription without being able to authorize test machines?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlexanderErbe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David Cardella and Eric Bader, can you please explain the recommended way how a developer with one single ADS/ArcGIS Engine license can test multiple ArcGIS Engine versions on different test machines? I think it's not practical to have to reinstall it for tests all the time....

Thanks,

Alex

EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alex,

Not sure I'm clear on the issue. The developer subscription is per user, not per machine. If you have a subscription, you are not limited to installing software to only one machine. You ARE limited to that user, you, being the only one to use that installation. So, if you install once for development, you can install on a different machine to test your development. Does that make sense? Maybe I misunderstood this issue.

0 Kudos
AlexanderErbe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

The ADS itself is per user, that's correct. But the ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit, part of ADS Professional and higher, is single use/per machine:

ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit 10.5.1 and ArcGIS Engine 10.5.1 quick start guide—Quick Start Guides | A... 

Best,

Alex

0 Kudos
croemersabris
New Contributor II

Hi Eric Bader,

do you see a solution for my question?

Regards Christoph

0 Kudos
croemersabris
New Contributor II

Hi Eric Bader,

within the Subcription i have an ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit ESU Number which endures for one year. This seems to be a single use licence. i registered this subcription this summer on 3 machines of me with Arcgis Engine 10.2.1, my developer machine and two test machines. In September we started to migrate our Software from ArcGIS Engine 10.2.1 to 10.5.1. So i installed three new machines, one developer machine and two test machines. I registered the first two succesfull with the ESU Number, the third machine didn't work anymore. I got an error „Autorisierung der Software fehlgeschlagen“ (Authorization failed). Even if i deregistered one of the 10.2.1 machines i couldnt register my last 10.5.1 test machine.
We cannot deliver our new release so far, because we couldnt execute all our Tests.

Regards

Christoph Römer

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Christoph.

If you install and authorize ArcGIS Desktop on those additional test machines, that should be adequate to authorize your Engine app for testing. Can you try that approach?

Eric

0 Kudos
croemersabris
New Contributor II

Hi Eric,

Our Software based on ArcGIS has one Setup to run on machines installed with ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Engine.

So our customers have machines just installed with ArcGIS Engine. So this test machine has also just installed ArcGIS Engine. We need the Installation withour ArcGIS Desktop to test if all DLL's are delivered and registered through our Setup.

So this approach wouldn't be sufficent for our test environment.

Christoph