AO VC++ Rutime Error

02-11-2014 09:11 PM
praveennarayandas
New Contributor
Hi,

I am creating MFC application in visual studio 2010.I have inserted Map,License ActiveX controls on MFC dialog and
i have generated wrappers from add variable.when i am build solution there are no errors but when i am running
the application it is giving error"Debug Assertion Failed" it is looking for file occcont.cpp from
f:/ drive. i am confused there is no f drive in machine

i have added occcont.cpp and related headerfiles files from installation path but now build is unsuccessful.

i am new to VC++. kindly help any one is having idea about arcobjects VC++ 10.x version.

thanks a lot in advance.

Praveen
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Visual Studio is looking for the MFC source code on the F drive.  I assume that is because Microsoft probably built it on the F drive.

I'd start by Goggling on "occcont.cpp line".  Go through these and see if you can resolve your issue.  Here is a good candidate:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949107

Assertions are used in C++ to catch bugs and are not made when you build in Release mode.  The question at hand is what is the root cause of the assertion.  If the link above does not resolve your problem then that is something that you have to figure out based on the call stack.  My suggestion is to enable the Microsoft Symbol Server (Google on "microsoft symbol server vs2010") so that you can see this.  Once you do then you should get a clean call stack.  After studying it you should be able to determine the nature of the problem and whether or not it is critical.
0 Kudos
praveennarayandas
New Contributor
Thanks Richard,

I followed u r steps and i have regestred arcgis control using regserver but still problem not solved. i have updated my machine with VS2010SP1 and added symbols.kindly let me know what is the root cause for this error.

thanks a lot for support.
0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia
Occasional Contributor III
Its throwing a license related error? How are you doing licensing for AO environment?

What environment variables are you setting for AO?
0 Kudos
praveennarayandas
New Contributor
hi sachin,

i am able to run samples successfully.only error coming when i am creating new application.

thanks for support
0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia
Occasional Contributor III
I hope you are compile all your code as 32 bit since AO is 32 bit only. Can you post your preprocessor settings?
0 Kudos
praveennarayandas
New Contributor
Please find the Pre-processor settings.kindly let me know where i am doing wrong.
0 Kudos