Review Map in ArcGIS Map Data Pages Question

09-13-2022 12:03 PM
Labels (1)
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello/Bonjour/Hola/ Ciao GIS friends,

My supervisor  hand me a big project that that I will be going to do review about 200 Quad in Data Drive Pages in ArcMap . I have already started but I was wonder if there are tips or tricks for me. Are there any suggest for me to read about them.  I am not sure what you call that …

Yes I am a long time GIS user and been here all the time BUT this project is a new one to me..

I have a project that has a lot of layers and each quad will have all or some layers in it. It is set it up in the Data Driven Pages that you see here in below picture.

PROBERT68_0-1663095175232.png

Do you have a suggest for me to read an article or publish how do I prepare for this type of project ?

For now, I will do them in ArcMap and then later on will export them to ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks !

@DanPatterson_Retired @AdrianWelsh 

Do you have anyone that knows about this then please share with them.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have you looked into the documentation from Esri on Data Driven Pages? Their help section has loads of content. Try here to start:

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/map/page-layouts/creating-data-driven-pages.htm

I would also suggest migrating to ArcGIS Pro in order to stay current in the case where you will need to update this for a few years.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes I am familiar with it; however, another co-worker of mine from another forest did a lot of prepared layers and set it up the layout view in 24,000 k. So, I took from his project and change some of the layers to our forest. Most of the layers are already there that the Forest Service uses Enterprise data layers...

Basically when I fix that and then going over each quad to review them.

I use the identify tool and drag from the top left corner and go all the way to bottom right corner which bring up and then there is an dialog box for Identify tool that shows all the layers within the layout view 24,000 scale.

Yes I am planning to migrate them to ArcGIS Pro but for now there is a lot of stuff that I am going through..

What about errors ? I have found some missing that I am going to report to my supervisor when I am done with all of the quad ( I think over 200 of them)

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am not sure that I am understanding the issue here. Are you seeing errors? Is something not happening with your map books?

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

It is ok . Not to worry about it.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

BTW, if I remember right, ESRI had their poster  similar  the one I have my picture somewhere online ?

or was it on one of their ESRI Geodatabase book ?  Trying to remember .....

0 Kudos