Properties windows cut off on right side - has anyone had this issue? ArcView License, ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1

05-20-2021 09:59 AM
CharleneWagenaar
New Contributor II

I am running ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1 with an ArcView level license. Now, I will admit that in the past I've only ever used the full licensing, so maybe this is just a license issue, but I am wondering if anyone has ever run into the problem I am experiencing. Largely it does not impact my workflow, but, as you can see in the images below, the right-hand side of my properties menus (legend and layer properties menus for examples) are cut off. In this instance I am having difficulties as I am unable to re-order legend items because the up/down buttons have been cut off.

I am also wondering if it is just the system I am running. My computer is running: an Intel Core i7 processor @ 2.60GHz, 6 cores; 16 GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics. 

I have done some restarts. I have not tried an uninstall/reinstall - I figured I would see if anyone had any advice or similar issues, first. Thanks in advance for any advice or commiseration you may provide.

Can't move legend items up and down as those buttons are cut off.Can't move legend items up and down as those buttons are cut off.This is just another example - fortunately, it is not one that impacts my workflow.This is just another example - fortunately, it is not one that impacts my workflow.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Start off by checking what your monitor resolution is set at.

Right click on an empty part of your display and select  Display Settings.

If your Scale and layout is set to anything other than 100% change it to 100%

If you do that and now things are too small to read take a look at your Display Resolution.  It is at the Max resolution.  Try lowering it. 

0 Kudos