Is FNPLicensingService required for license manager 2020.1 on Linux?

Jump to solution
03-24-2021 10:07 AM
TimHaverlandNOAA
New Contributor III

Hi community

I upgraded my linux license manager from 2018.0 to 2020.1. In the install instructions it says we must install the FNP licensing service separately on linux using the install_fnp.sh script.

I was not able to get the FNPLicensingService running (some kind of permission issue), but my license server seems to be running fine. Users can check out licenses with no problem.

I don't see any FNPLicensingService daemon running in my process list. I'm really confused ... is the FNPLicensingService required for version 2020.1 on linux? 

Has anyone installed license manager 2020.1 on linux who could share their experiences?

Tim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor
AmnoyAm_0-1618848829763.png

Even though the software may continue to work on your specific machine, there are environments where the Flexnet Llicensing Service is required.  Installing the service has no drawbacks even in environments where the software may work without it.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor
AmnoyAm_0-1618848829763.png

Even though the software may continue to work on your specific machine, there are environments where the Flexnet Llicensing Service is required.  Installing the service has no drawbacks even in environments where the software may work without it.  

0 Kudos
TimHaverlandNOAA
New Contributor III

Hi thanks for the response. If the FNPLicensingService is not strictly required, may I suggest changing the documentation to acknowledge that and to state the kinds of systems where it is required, if known?

0 Kudos