Geometric Network Editing Buttons Greyed Out

07-24-2019 08:18 AM
Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor II

We are having an issue for one of our users editing in a geometric network. Several geometric network editing toolbar buttons are not available for use. This error does not occur when I open the same MXD. Both the user and I are on ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 Advanced License on Windows 10. 

When I open the MXD, all tools are available:

When the user opens the MXD, all buttons besides connect and disconnect are greyed out:

We have verified that the only 1 feature (the one intended to be edited) was selected on both computers. 

Brian
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RachelSears

Hi Brian,

Does the coordinate system of the geometric network match that of the data frame, or is it projected on the fly?

-- Rachel

0 Kudos
Brian_McLeer

Hi Rachel,

The data frame coordinate system in both MXDs and coordinate system of the geometric network both match after looking at the properties. 

Brian
0 Kudos
RachelSears

Hi Brian,

Does the other user have editing enabled?

I don't know any details about your environment or data, but if you both have the MXD open, could this be due to a schema lock issue preventing them from editing the same features?

-- Rachel

0 Kudos
AmyClark-Zimmerly
New Contributor II

Hi Rachel,

After some additional testing, we found that the availability of the geometric network buttons depended on how the edit session was started.  Start editing by right clicking on the feature class in the table of contents, tools are available.  Start editing through the Editor toolbar, tools are not available. 

Amy 

0 Kudos