Drawing error when panning and zooming mosaic in ArcMap 10.7.1

Jump to solution
11-17-2020 06:39 AM
Laurenventure
Occasional Contributor

Hey everyone. We have been experiencing a problem with our mosaic dataset within a file geodatabase.

When panning around in ArcMap 10.7.1 a dialog box 'ArcMap Drawing Errors' appears that says, 'Function Read Error [Mosaic Function]' and 'Function Read Error [RasterInfo Function]

I found this bug with 10.6.1: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMDM2Mg==

Since the status listed on that link above is not 'Resolved' does that mean it's still a known bug in 10.7.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yes, unfortunately that is what the bug's status of In Product Plan means; that it is not fixed in a released version of the software.  You can click on the Subscribe button on the support page you linked to which will increment the count of affected customers by 1.  That can help to increase the priority of the issue for development teams.

KoryKramer_0-1605640369417.png

I understand that this does not immediately address the bug for you, but I wanted to respond to your question about the status.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yes, unfortunately that is what the bug's status of In Product Plan means; that it is not fixed in a released version of the software.  You can click on the Subscribe button on the support page you linked to which will increment the count of affected customers by 1.  That can help to increase the priority of the issue for development teams.

KoryKramer_0-1605640369417.png

I understand that this does not immediately address the bug for you, but I wanted to respond to your question about the status.

0 Kudos
Laurenventure
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response! I was thinking so, but wanted to exhaust all my options. 🙂

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

If you really want to exhaust all your options 😀 have you tried working with the mosaic dataset in ArcGIS Pro?  I haven't seen any reports of drawing errors like this in Pro.  But I understand that there can be organizational reasons for not getting into ArcGIS Pro yet.  Just throwing it out there!

0 Kudos
Laurenventure
Occasional Contributor

I'm comfortable using ArcGIS Pro for editing purposes, but some of our long time ArcMap users would retire before they touched ArcGIS Pro. I will definitely pass this along to them though. 🙂

TaraMarr
New Contributor

Is there any chance you have found a work around for this bug??  Employees are getting super frustrated when they export maps and the imagery/aerial photography is blurry.

0 Kudos