Calculating the land use cover values of a location (ArcMap / Corine Land Cover)

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 06:22 AM
Labels (3)
hadromer
New Contributor
Hi,
I would like to calculate the land use of approximately 5 km2 of an area whose coordinates are known. How are the class boundaries of a region calculated for Corine land cover for CLC2012 or 2018? Thank you for your interest.

As can be seen in the chart, there are certain points. (Such as S17-S18). If we give an example on s17, how can I find the land use rate of s17 around 5 km square? Use data on the basis of province by district are available on the internet, but how do I calculate the land use around a coordinate we want?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't know what you would class as a land use rate as that probably has multiple meanings.

I would probably create a 5km buffer around that point, convert the raster to vector, and use Tabulate Intersection (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation which will probably tell you most of what you'd need to know.

There's probably a better raster tool but I just can't think of one. 

There's also Zonal Statistics Zonal Statistics as Table (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't know what you would class as a land use rate as that probably has multiple meanings.

I would probably create a 5km buffer around that point, convert the raster to vector, and use Tabulate Intersection (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation which will probably tell you most of what you'd need to know.

There's probably a better raster tool but I just can't think of one. 

There's also Zonal Statistics Zonal Statistics as Table (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
hadromer
New Contributor

thank you for your helps. 

0 Kudos